Sales Order Processing
You can use Sales Order Processing to enter and print quotes, orders, invoices, back orders, and returns individually or in batches. When necessary, you can enter drop-ship items on sales documents and determine how quantity shortages will be handled for individual items or for entire documents or batches.
You also can use Sales Order Processing to complete the following tasks:
If you use Purchase Order Processing, you can generate purchase orders from sales documents.
- Transfer customer information from one document type to another
- Transfer item information and quantities from one document type to another
- Enter and post sales deposits
- Allocate and fulfill items on orders, fulfillment orders, and invoices
- Fulfill items separately from item allocation
If you use Receivables Management, customer balances are updated after the sales transactions are posted.
If you use Inventory Control, item prices are calculated automatically on sales documents and inventory quantities are adjusted when the sales documents are posted.